Co-Sponsored by the Elder Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association and the Colorado Chapter of National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
For four years, the Elder Law Retreat has been the annual event for elder law lawyers in Colorado. This year promises to deliver another can’t-miss agenda, with topics like:
- Overview of the Affordable Care Act and Its Impact on Seniors and Persons with Special Needs
- Technology Tips for Managing an Elder Law Practice: Case Management, Document Assembly and Hardware
- Ethics for the Elder Law Attorney
- The Intersection of Mental Health and Guardianships
- Trust Modification, Reformation and Decanting
- Undue Influence and the Elderly: Legal and Psychological Issues
- State of the Law Regarding Mandatory Reporting of Witnesses or Suspected Elder Abuse
- Advanced Medicaid Update
- Emergencies in Protective Proceedings
- Discovery, Case Management Orders, Pre-Hearing Issues in Protective Proceedings
- The Taking, Defending and Use of Depositions
- Mechanisms to Compel Testimony about the Assets of a Protected Person or a Decedent: “723 Hearing”
- Rule of Professional Conduct 1.14 and the Diminished Capacity Client
- The Effect of the Affordable Care Act on Special Needs Trusts for Adults and Minors
- Competent Senior or Incompetent Victim: Undue Influence and the Eyes of the Beholder
And MUCH, MUCH MORE!
Come for the location…
There’s no place like Vail. Summer brings sun, cycling, hiking and golf to this mountain playland, and Vail Marriott, with the luxury, charm and elegance of a European Chateau, is the perfect place to enjoy everything Vail has to offer.
Come to be a part of the fastest-growing elder law program in Colorado!